HubSpot describes Inbound Marketing based on the concept of earning the attention of prospects, making yourself easy to be found and drawing customers to your website by consistently producing fresh content that customers value. Content can be in the form of blogs, articles, white papers, case studies, videos, podcasts, infographs, webinars, newsletters, etc. The content is then leaverage through social media to reach a mass audience. The strategy of Inbound Marketing is to position the content producer as the thought leader of a given industry in order to drive prospects to his/her website with the goal to nurture these leads to eventually become clients or customers. This strategy is particularly important to small business owners who may not be able to hire marketing or PR agencies but have the expertise to produce valuable content.
Below are my top 20 simple tips from Hubspot's recent Inbound Marketing Webinar.
1) Posts on Sat and Sun get more likes than posts Mon-Fri
2) Posts that get the most likes are 1) Photos 2) Status 3) Video 4) Links
3) The most followed accounts are ones that share the most interesting content with links, not conversations
4) Tweets that ask to be retweeted get the most retweets
5) Tweets that use the wording “please retweet” get more retweets that “Pls RT”
6) 4-5pm is when there are the most retweets
7) Tweet more when others are tweeting less (tweet during non-peak times)
8) Organic SEO is more trustworthy than paid SEO (PPC)
9) The best areas for SEO are 1) Description 2) Title 3) URL Name
10) Consistent fresh content is best for SEO (“You don’t need to hire an SEO guy, hire a Content guy”)
11) >50% of customers say blogging is important when making a purchase decision
12) Morning posts during the work week get the most views and shares (someone at 8am will share a post that was made at 6am)
13) Insights, analysis, answers, questions, advice, review, top and why are best words for blog title
14) Positive and passionate subjects are best
15) Using ampersand (&) in subject gives impression that there is a lot of content (people like this)
16) Personalize emails with recipient’s first name
17) Have many links to the same content to increase clicks
18) Saturday and Sundays are best days to send email
19) Best method is to give some kind of free offer – ie: download, ebook, webinar, video, white paper, consultation, etc
20) Always use a call to action while avoiding “sales speak” – click here/sign up to get a free...